Courthouse and Hitching Post Holiday Schedule
Before getting married at the Hitching Post, you will need to apply and purchase your Marriage License. Your marriage licence needs to be purchased from the State in which you are being married.
Monday – Friday: 9am – 5pm ($31.00 Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%)
Saturday: 9am – 2pm ($48.00 Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%)
Marriage License Requirements
- All Ages
- Photo Identification Required
Know Your Social Security Number
** See other conditions below if you do not have a U.S. Social Security Number
- Under 18
- Call for other requirements (208) 446-1491 or (208) 446-1480
- Additional Information
- License Fees Are Cash, Credit/Debit $1. + 10%
Blood Test NOT Required
No Waiting Period
Witness Not Required
Hitching Post Courthouse & License Office
Closed on ALL Holidays and Sundays from 2017 to 2018
2017 and 2018
Presidents Day- Monday February 20th, 2017
- Memorial Day – Monday May 29, 2017
- Independence Day – Tuesday. July 4, 2017
- Labor Day – Monday September 4th, 2017
- Columbus Day – Monday October 9th, 2017
- Veterans Day – Saturday Nov. 11th 2017
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday November 23rd and for Nov. 24th call courthouse for hours. 2017
- Christmas Day – – Monday December 25th. 2017.
- New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1, 2018
- Martin Luther King Day – Monday January , 2018
- President’s Day – Monday January , 2018
If you want to be married on any of these days, you need to obtain your Idaho marriage license by the previous working day!
**REQUIRED: All must have photo Identification and a Social Security Number. If you are not a U.S. Citizen and do not have a Social Security number you must go the Social Security office and apply for one. Bring paper given you to the Marriage License Office.