How to Get Married At The Hitching Post

   Come to The Hitching Post and GET MARRIED!

Reservation Form

Please review our wedding policy, and then, if you agree, fill out this form and we will call or email to confirm your reservation or provide additional information.

All wedding reservations require a non-refundable deposit ($25 for weddings reserved on M-Th, $50 for Fri-Sun weddings).

    "Hitching Post" or the address or brief description of the location.

    Man's Full Name*

    Woman's Full Name*


    Our indoor chapel can comfortably accommodate up to 15 guests. If you have any questions, please give us a call!

    For more details, please visit our wedding packages page.

    For more details, please visit our flower packages page.

    For more details, please visit our list of local photographers and videographers.

    Describe any other information we may need, such as additional flowers or a link to the location's website, or tell us how we can help make your wedding special.

    Marriage License Information

    Before being married at The Hitching Post, both of you will need to go in person and apply for and purchase your Idaho marriage License. It can be from any county in the state. The Marriage license needs to be from the state where your ceremony is to be performed. Here in Coeur d’ Alene, you can obtain your Idaho marriage license at the Kootenai Co. Recorder’s office which is in the Administration building across the street from us or any Idaho County Recorder's Office. You will need to know your social security number** and bring Photo ID.  Address and phone numbers below.

    You can start the process on line at the Kootenai County Recorder's website under services then go in to complete the process or go in anytime during their business hours to fill out the info for them.

    You can start the process on line at the Kootenai County Recorder's website under services.

    Marriage licenses must be obtained by the last business day before 5 pm for Saturday -Sunday, Holiday Ceremonies.

    **If you are from another Country, Canada, Mexico, etc. and you don’t have an U.S. Social Security number, you will need to go to any Social Security office to get form Number SLA 676 and take that to the marriage license office when you apply for the marriage license.

    In Coeur d’ Alene the Social Security office is at: 7400 N. Mineral Dr. Ste 100. Coeur d’ Alene,Id. 83815

    Kootenai County Recorder’s Office

    451 Government Way,
    Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
    Phone – 208 446-1480

    Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm.

    Under 18: please call (208) 446-1491 or (208) 446-1480

    Kootenai Co.Courthouse Website

    The Kootenai County Recorder’s office is CLOSED on Saturdays and all National Holidays.

    Reservation/Cancellation Policy

    Cancellations are subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee.

    There is a $50 non-refundable deposit for Saturdays, Special Holidays, and other designated days.

    Location, Off-Site Weddings

    For location weddings outside of the Hitching Post at another facility, such as an outdoor venue or a family home, please see the following information to reserve your wedding date. (For outside the Coeur d' Alene area please call or e-mail for price quote 208 664-5510.)

    Fees & Pricing

    For Sundays, Holidays and all local location (off site) weddings:

    Please call or fill out the form below for a price quote or to make a reservation.

    We will confirm this day and time or confirm a time as close to that as possible by e-mail or phone call.

    Wedding Packages
    & Renewal of Vows

    We offer several wedding and flower packages for your wedding needs.

    Marriage License Info

    Before getting married, you’ll need to get your Idaho Marriage License.

    Make A Reservation

    Everything you need to know about reserving your wedding day with us.